A stain on the couch never gets unnoticed. You need to take care of furniture to remove any stains and dirt. The best way to solve this problem is by limiting the use of food and banning pets from the living room. You should know how to clean your furniture properly and you should keep in mind the fabric of your furniture. You can clean your furniture at home also by using different methods and ideas. If you don’t have time to clean the upholstery furniture then you can take the help of professionals. You can get the best service of Upholstery Steam Cleaning in Melbourne. Some of the tips that will be useful for you to clean your furniture.
One of the important parts of cleaning upholstery is a vacuum. You should vacuum your furniture more often to remove dirt and dust from the furniture. The dirt can also degrade the quality of fiber. To remove dust and dirt from the upholstery use a clean and dry stiff-bristle brush. If the area is difficult to reach then use the crevice tool.
One of the surprising methods of cleaning your upholstery is baby wipes. It is one of the best do it yourself methods. Baby wipes contain a mixture of soap and water which is very gentle and contains less moisture. If you drop your coffee on the couch instantly remove the stain with the help of wipes. It is one of the best methods of instant spot removal.
Follow the instructions properly
With the furniture, you always get some instructions on how to clean them. These are basically the cleaning code for cleaning your furniture. If “W” is mentioned then it means you can use water. If “S” is mentioned then you should avoid using water. Instead of water, you can use a non-water-based liquid such as alcohol. In this case you the spay the are very lightly and then blot with a clean cloth. If “S/W” is mentioned then you can use both water or solvents and “X” means vacuum only. So, it’s best to read the instruction properly before applying anything on the furniture.
One of the important things you should keep in mind is that never scrub your furniture even if the stain is very harsh. It will damage the fabric of furniture. Use can use the stain remover and let it sink in for some time and then blot it will the help of a cloth. Use a soft cloth for blotting. After cleaning if the fiber is stiff then use a soft brush.
DIY spot and stain remover
The sooner you remove the stain, the chances of removing it will also increase. If you use a blotting paper on the stain you can easily get away with the problem at that time only. There are many DIY methods for upholstery cleaning which you can try.
Blood stains: Use hydrogen peroxide on a blotting paper and then use water.
- Coffee stains: Make a mixture of water and vinegar in equal amount and also add detergent. Then blot the affected area to remove the stain.
- Crayon stains: Apply a non-gel toothpaste on the stain and then rinse it with water.
- General stain removal: Dab club soda on a piece of cloth and then gently apply it on the stain. One of the other options is applying vinegar on the stain for 15 minutes. Then blot the affected area with a clean cloth.
- Red wine stains: Sprinkle the area with salt. Then blot the area with lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide and after that rinse it with water.
- Oil stains: Sprinkle the area with salt and let it sit for a few minutes. Then dab the affected area with water and soap. Use can also use rubbing alcohol in place of salt.
Remove pet hairs
If you have a pet in your house then you should not let them sit on the furniture. But you cannot prevent the issue completely. One of the ways in which you can remove pet hair is using a pair of rubber gloves. Run them over the entire furniture. It creates a static force that pulls the hairs from the furniture.